NYS Suspects Anne and Phyllis Ngirita-Government goes after Ngirita’s multi-million shillings property

Government goes after Ngirita’s multi-million shillings property believed to be proceeds of crime after infamous NYS scandal

The Ngirita family allegedly minted millions from the NYS scandal

The government through the Assets Recovery Agency wants five parcels of land and three vehicles owned by the Ngirita family and believed to have been brough from the proceeds of corruption forfeited to the government.

In an application to be heard on April 15, Assets Recovery Agency said it believes that the parcels of land and the vehicles are proceeds of crime.

The family was widely implicated in the infamous NYS scandal that saw the public lose hundreds of millions of shillings with the lead suspect Anne Ngirita reportedly pocketing millions for supplying air.

Last year, the authority convinced Justice Hediwg Ong’udi to freeze the property after successfully convincing him that the said property may be proceeds of crime.

NYS Suspects Anne and Phyllis Ngirita-Government goes after Ngirita’s multi-million shillings property

NYS Suspects Anne and Phyllis Ngirita-Government goes after Ngirita’s multi-million shillings property

The assets are associated with Ms Phyllis Njeri, Mr Jeremiah Gichini Ngirita and their mother Ms Lucy Wambui Ngirita.

They include a parcel of land in Waitaluk in Kitale, measuring 0.70 hectares, another land is situated in Naivasha town, which was sold to Mrs Ngirita by New Hope for All Nations on July 8, 2016 and another one in Nakuru East measuring an acre which she acquired on April 25, 2017.

She is also alleged to have purchased a land in Kiamunyi area of Nakuru town in an agreement dated October 28, 2016 while Mr Gichini is said to have acquired a parcel in Mwicingiri area in Naivasha on July 1, 2016.

Also to be forfeited to the government are three vehicles, two Toyota station wagons and a pick-up registered in the names of Opportunity International Wedco Limited and Platinum Credit.

The agency said through investigations into their bank statements and documents concerning the accounts, it was established that the three and their business entities and associates received funds fraudulently from National Youth Service split in several transactions.

The said money was allegedly intra-transferred within the same bank into accounts owned by the family members and associates. Some of the funds were allegedly used to purchase the suspected properties.

Credits for additional content: Nation

Posted in Latest News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *